Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bonus Time!

As you all know, the rules of the mission state that only feature film releases are included in the mission.

(Actually, to be fair, that seems to be a rule that I have that I've never put in writing. But you'll see that the official list of films only includes theatrical releases, not TV movies.)

Anyway, I was doing my standard Guttenberg browse on eBay, and I came across this little beauty. How could I resist? It's Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus!



Now, it's not a theatrical release. It's a 2004 TV movie, that my have aired on the Hallmark channel, but I'm not sure about that. But anway, it doesn't count towards the mission. But I still had to buy it.

Steve plays Nick, the son of Santa, who is required to take over from his dad after Christmas. And, of course, he needs a wife. Crystal Bernard, who I loved on Wings, plays the woman that he falls for and decides to marry. Can he win her over before Christmas? Oh the suspense!!

It's a cute holiday TV movie. That pretty much sums it up.

It does have its flaws. If I were Beth, Crystal's character, and I was the single mother of an eight year old, I would probably be a little wary of the single middle aged man who spends so much time with kids. But I am clearly more suspicious than she is. And Guttenberg's choice to laugh with a "ho ho ho" instead of a normal laugh is cute at first but got a teensy bit grating.

But for every minus, there's a plus, the biggest of which being the awesome Thomas Calabro, who played the even more awesome Dr. Michael Mancini on the awesome Melrose Place. (And yes, that sentence was totally worthy of three awesomes.) He's just awesome. There's nothing more to say. He plays Beth's boss and is truly delightful.

This may set a dangerous TV movie purchasing trend, but I love the Christmas movie and I love the Guttenberg.

What's a girl to do?

Awesome.

2 comments:

AB said...

Hello? Helloooooo? Anybody there? Could you hurry up and finish this list please, I would like to be able to go into a charity shop and not head straight for the video section on the hunt for a Gutt film. It's exhausting.

That is all.

pay per head service said...

Thanks so much for the post, really effective data.